Dianna Lee, Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist (NCLMBT # 2599) and Licensed Esthetician, has worked within traditional allopathic medicine and complementary holistic health care her entire career. This has given her a wide range of understanding and experience working with healing as well as unwinding pain patterns and dis-ease. She worked as an independent midwife for 15 years, assisting in home and hospital deliveries. Her work with families also included being a health educator for the Women, Infant, Children (WIC) program.
After leaving midwifery, Dianna established an active practice as a massage and bodywork therapist specializing in CranioSacral Therapy, Lymphatic Drainage Therapy, and advanced modalities. She has worked in chiropractic and physical therapy settings as well as in private practice.
Dianna (Approved NCBTMB Provider #: 451577-11 lic # 2599) is a certified massage and bodywork continuing education instructor. Certified classes she teaches are:
- Intro to CranioSacral Therapy
- Lymphatic Drainage Therapy
- Herbal Body wraps and Oil Infusions
- Heart of EthicsThe healing CranioSacral therapy session offers very gentle touch which aides in the releasing of deep restricted patterns stored in the body. We may not be aware of where these patterns are but we experience the side effects of them which are pain and other discomforts. CranioSacral therapy is working with a very gentle touch, so light the body puts up no defenses, allowing the beneficial effects of CranioSacral therapy to have a deeply healing and effective impact on the body.
We all know how healing it is for someone to really listen to a problem someone else is having. CranioSacral Therapy is the experiential equivalent to that. The therapist follows the related body restrictions into releasing and resetting. When the trauma stored in the tissue releases, so does the body “memory” of the restricted pattern. So for little action being exerted on the therapist part, the person receiving the session keeps sliding into deeper and deeper states of relaxation – while pain, discomfort, and structural realignment resolve and re-balance.
Any disorders may have a connection to the CranioSacral system of the body. Some conditions that are commonly treated with CranioSacral Therapy are:
- Migraines and headaches
- Chronic pain including neck and back pain
- Stress and tension-related disorders
- Motor-coordination impairments
- Infant and childhood disorders
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Chronic fatigue
- TMJ syndrome
- Central nervous system disorders
- Learning disabilities
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Orthopedic problems
- And many other conditions
Dianna Lee has been practicing CranioSacral Therapy for 30 years and is deeply inspired by it’s healing abilities. Sessions are scheduled individually or as continuing on-going care. For questions about CranioSacral Therapy contact Dianna Lee at 828 963-0213.
- Lymphatic Massage Therapy: Lymphatic Drainage Therapy encourages the reduction of pain, bloating, weight loss and toxic overload as fluid retention in tissue and fat cells is flushed through the lymphatic system. This enables the body to increase its internal flow of lymphatic fluid aiding cellular rejuvenation. This process improves immune function and encouraging a faster healing process in a gentle and relaxing manner.Lymph Star Pro Lymphatic Treatment: This modality accelerates the movement of lymph fluid throughout the body, aiding the body in releasing toxins and improving nutrients on a cellular level. We use a similar massage technique as we use in our lymphatic massage, to this we add sound waves through an electrode that relax the lymph vessels, hereby allowing dilation (relaxation) of the lymph vessel and increasing the movement of lymph through the system. The Lymph Star Pro Treatment greatly increases lymphatic flow! This is a great adjunct to a lymph session for those who like adding the benefits of technology to hands-on healing therapies. These treatments are extremely relaxing and soothing while promoting a deep level of cleansing.
Sessions are scheduled individually or as continuing on-going care. For questions about Lymphatic Drainage Therapy contact Dianna Lee at 828 963-0213.
- Hot stones facilitate the relaxation of muscle tension, and can add the extra support for releasing muscular restrictions, while providing an overall feeling of relaxation and well-being.First, hot oil is applied. Then you’ll enjoy the soothing healing properties of hot lava stones as your body absorbs the heat, and the stones melt away muscle tension and relieve pain.
This treatment is blended with massage and essential oils to maximize the healing effects of the session.
Sessions are scheduled individually or as continuing on-going care. For questions about basalt hot stone massage contact Dianna Lee at 828 963-0213
- Reflexology is a deeply relaxing therapy that has been traced back as far as 2200 BC in Chinese and Indian healing practices. This is in itself a testimony for its effectiveness as a treatment. It has been found to be associated with having a healing effect on many conditions in the body while being deeply relaxing.Reflexology treatments are primarily to the face, hands and feet. Its healing effects accrue because it stimulates related endings of all the nerves to all our organs and other body tissues. Applying pressure techniques to these nerve endings has a stimulating effect along the whole nerve pathways. This stimulation helps to tone and detox tissue pathways along its path resulting in healing effects.
Enjoy the benefits of reflexology and a salt exfoliation foot treatment to help you feel your best.
Sessions are scheduled individually or as continuing on-going care. For questions about reflexology contact Dianna Lee at 828 963-0213.